Category Archives: Hyper V

Enabling MS Hyperv on HP DL380 G5

To run Microsofts new Virtual machine software HyperV on your HP DL380 G5, you need to enable a couple of settings in the BIOS.   After yo installed the OS and updated via windows update, go ahead and add the … Continue reading

Posted in Hyper V | Leave a comment

Hyper V Server R2

    (a)    High availability and live migration for managing a dynamic IT infrastructure (b)    Support for 64 logical processors future proofing our customers to scale up with the hardware (c)    Support for running up to 384 virtual machines with … Continue reading

Posted in Hyper V | Leave a comment

Hyper-V RSAT on Windows 7

So you download the RSAT for Windows 7 BETA and then what??    Two simple steps to get the Hyper V and other tools from the RSAT activated.   Download the RSAT tools HERE   Then go to the Windows Features tool … Continue reading

Posted in Hyper V | Leave a comment

SCVMM 2008 released (RTM)

  More to follow when i have it installed.   http://www.vmworks.co.uk   Jason

Posted in Hyper V | Leave a comment

www.vmworks.co.uk LIVE

    Just to remind you all that my new Virtualisation site is fully up and running.    WWW.VMWORKS.CO.UK   Hope to see you all there!   Cheers   Jason

Posted in Hyper V | Leave a comment

Exam 70-652 – Virtualisation certification exams

Exam 70-652 – Virtualisation certification exams The Microsoft Virtualisation certification exams went live as of today, so now we can get a qualification for Hyper-V and VMM. About 60% of the questions are about Hyper-V and the remaining 40% deal … Continue reading

Posted in Hyper V | Leave a comment

Why choose Hyper-V?

Everyone who knows that i keep it no secret, i believe the most significant development to be released from Redmond in the last decade is Hyper V, even though it is in itself a relatively small piece of code,  I’m … Continue reading

Posted in Hyper V | Leave a comment